Dental Crowns From Your Dentists in Hamilton
At Sagewood Dental Care in Hamilton, we know that dental crowns are a great way to improve your smile. A protective cap that’s placed over a tooth to restore its shape, size, and strength, a crown can help rejuvenate teeth that have experienced chipping, fractures, significant wear, or severe decay. They can also serve as anchors for dental bridges and are used to top dental implants, restoring a patient’s full chewing, speaking, and smiling function.
Which Types Of Crowns Are Available?
There are a variety of materials that can be used to create dental crowns, including porcelain, ceramic, and metal. While porcelain crowns tend to be the most popular type of material requested because of their natural-looking finish and durability, ceramic options also look like your real teeth and offer a strong finish. It’s important to note that each material has its benefits and drawbacks, and depending on your unique smile goals, our team will be happy to recommend the option that will best suit your needs.
How Should A Dental Crown Be Cared For?
With diligent care, your crown can look and feel great for many years. Here are a few tips to help you keep them in top form:
- Brush twice and floss once each day and do your best to avoid sugary foods and drinks. While the material used for crowns can’t develop decay, the natural tooth beneath it can without diligent care.
- Avoiding chewing on hard objects, including nuts and ice cubes.
- Try not to chew on pens, pencils, your nails, etc.
- See our team at least twice a year for a checkup and cleaning.
Dental crowns offer a fantastic way to strengthen, rejuvenate, and restore your smile. If you’re interested in learning more, call us today!
Get In Touch With Us About A Dental Crown Today
- Protect a damaged tooth
- Restore your chewing, speaking, and smiling function
- Maintain your self-confidence
- Enjoy a prosthetic that’s long-lasting, durable, and natural-looking
- Prioritize your oral health!